What is Reflexology anyway?
Reflexology is an ancient Chinese technique that uses pressure-point massage usually on the feet (but also on the hands and ears). It deals with the underlying principle that these pressure points or reflexes relate to every single cell of the body. Working these reflexes restores the flow of energy throughout the entire body and assists it in regaining or maintaining balance.
Reflexology was developed into a skillful, manual therapy thousands of years ago bringing many people relief and many benefits in their often fast-paced and stressful lifestyles. It is now considered a great form of preventative medicine. Since at least 75% of all our health problems can be linked to nervous stress, reflexology is a valuable tool for supporting the well-being of anyone.
10 Benefits of Reflexology:
- Improves circulation & nerve supply
- Releases physical & emotional stress
- Provides pain relief
- Helps the body eliminate toxins
- Decreases the number of headaches
- Relieves allergy symptoms
- Lessens fatigue & enhances energy
- Stimulates a healthier immune system
- Improves sleep & decreases insomnia
- Gives an overall sense of well-being
Reflexology is a very gentle, non-invasive form of healing and can bring immense relief and dramatic changes oftentimes in only a couple of sessions.